- Welcome to the new keyboard students and guardians! Please make sure you have taken the time to read the Piano Handbook for 2018 and have signed and returned the last page of the packet.
- Supplies were due Monday, January 22nd. Please let me know if you have any difficulties obtaining earbuds/headphones, a pencil, or a folder/binder (or a separate divider with two pockets in a binder).
- The Spring Piano Recital that was originally scheduled for March 28th is now scheduled for Wednesday, April 4th, 2018. The student call time will be 6pm and the recital will start at 6:30pm. It will be at Mulberry Middle School (tentatively in the orchestra room 18-107). More information will be given closer to the recital.
- Keyboard T-shirts are in! Purchasing one is optional. It may be worn on Fridays at school as a club t-shirt.
- Each t-shirt is $15. You can pay in cash or make a check out to Mulberry Middle School (MMS). Include your student’s name on the memo line.
- We are no longer doing a Yankee Candle Fundraiser this semester.
- All students and parents should have read through and signed the Orchestra or Piano Handbook at the beginning of the year (or whenever your student joined this class.) If you are unsure if you signed or not, I have a list of the signed forms that were turned in. I have extras if you would like a hard copy.
Feel like donating materials? I am looking for the following specifically:
A hole puncher
An electric pencil sharpener
Pencils (I am always running short)
if you happen to find any stickers that say Orchestra or Piano on them, I could use those
Different colors of ribbons or yarn (red, yellow, blue, green, gold, orange, purple, pink…)
- Does your student feel like they are behind in class, need a little extra help, or have some questions? They are always welcome to schedule tutoring with me. I am available most days after school, but I need to know when they are coming ahead of time. Every other week I have duty at 8:35am, but I am available to tutor on my off weeks. Next week I do not have duty before school.
- Please do not purchase a 1/4 inch adapter if you have not already. That is no longer required. We have a way that you can now plug your headphones directly into the keyboard, without needing an adapter. Hooray! If you think you might eventually purchase your own keyboard, however, you may still need that adapter.
- The signed last page of the Handbook, all class materials, and a lab fee of $25 are due Monday, August 21st. Cash or checks made payable to Mulberry Middle School are accepted. Also, please make sure to fill out the Contact List Form as soon as possible, so I can email you updates and pertinent information.